[OS X Emacs] Emacs.app doesn't do aliases...

Joe Davison halting at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 09:28:29 EST 2007

Peter,

I must misunderstand some of "Use from dired or shell the open
command."  I tried (both o and f) from dired on both the
directoryalias and the filealias, and neither did what I wanted.   I
did get the 0-length file opened.

Also when I tried it from a shell buffer "open -a Emacs.app
filealias" LSOpenFromURLSpec() returned -10827 ...

Not really important to me, actually.

Probably what I really want is an applescript to replace an alias
with a symbolic link.

I suppose that's heresy for some, because aliases are smarter /
better in some sense than symbolic links, but I'm a unix geek, so ...

Thanks,

joe