[OS X Emacs] How do I generate HTML from Aquamacs - Auctex.

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sat Mar 1 09:49:05 EST 2008

Graham,

> Ok again, I cannot remember installing pdfLaTex seperately, but  as I can
> ceate PDFs  I guess its installed. I had previously installed MacTex as part
> of the Lyx installation, so maybe it was automatically installed without me
> knowing about it.
>
> Its not at all obvious to a beginner that running pdfLaTex refers to a
> seperate package rather than running a command for a built in routine.
> Especially as I am not aware of having ever installed this package.

I do not have any advise on converting latex typesetting outputs into html,
because I am not familiar with that myself, and would like to know what's
the best. But by reading your question, answers and comments, my advise
about LaTeX and texteditors on Macs would be: read (actually, it's not
that much reading), and possibly upgrade to the latest MacTeX, if you
haven't yet done that:
<http://www.tug.org/mactex/>

MacTeX comes with the excellent TeXShop editor, actually the best
one, but for various reasons, I myself work mostly with emacs.

Roussanka