[OS X Emacs] double messages at startup

Uwe Nestmann nestmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:10:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

[ running Aquamacs 1.3b on various PPC ]

I have only very recently converted from using .emacs to using
Preferences.el and customizations.el instead.

As far as I can trace it back properly, Aquamacs then started
producing double messages in the *Messages Buffer* (see an excerpt
below) and also the startup screen no longer appears.  I then checked
the variable inhibit-startup-screen and customized it to "nil" to no
avail.  When running Aquamacs insists on inhibit-startup-screen being
set to "t", telling it would be set in "startup.el".  Is this the
intended behavior?

Just for the record: when starting Aquamacs from the command line with
"-q", then still the copyright message appears twice.  Intended?

Would anyone have a clue what goes on?  (Not a big problem, I just
don't understand what's [supposed to be] going on.)

-- Uwe

(source)...
(source)...done
customizations.el (source)...
One-Buffer-One-Frame-Mode disabled.
For best results, turn off Frame Appearance Styles now.
customizations.el (source)...done
positions.el (source)...done
One-Buffer-One-Frame-Mode disabled.
For best results, turn off Frame Appearance Styles now.
Aquamacs is based on GNU Emacs 22, a part of the GNU/Linux system.
It is Free Software: you can improve and redistribute it under the GNU
General Public License, version 3
or later. Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. (C) 2008
D. Reitter. No Warranty.
Get the new Aquamacs 1.3CVS from http://aquamacs.org [2 times]