[OS X Emacs] AUCTeX-XeTeX broken after switch to Carbon Emacs

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sat May 10 19:45:02 EDT 2008

On 10 May 2008, at 23:55, pdfinn at uwm.edu wrote:

> I have an Intel MacBook Pro, running Tiger 10.4.11.  I cannot
> replicate the bug
> using the latest developer builds.

Good.

>  I do recall however, that Aquamacs only
> crashed when the mac-toggle-full-frame command was run

Yes, but that's been fixed.

> ---the Command-Shift-Return
> command was (and still is) reported as undefined.

That's strange.  When you type C-h k A-S-Return, do you also get a
message that it is undefined?
That shouldn't be.  Would you please examine the appropriate keymap by
typing C-h v osx-key-mode-map RET?
You should see a line that says

(A-S-return . aquamacs-toggle-full-frame)

among many other bindings.
Thanks for your help.

>  The command now works for me
> using last night's build---and the full-screen display look great,
> nice job.

With "command", you mean M-x mac-toggle-full-frame RET, right?

> The
> GNU-Emacs-nightly installer clobbered my copy of Carbon Emacs though
> (which calls
> itself ``Emacs.'')  It might be nice if the installer had an
> installation notice
> about this (at least where it planed to put things)---though
> (Carbon) Emacs really
> should have a distinct name.

Yes, that would be nice, but GNU Emacs is developed and provided as is
and the GNU project does not have another installer.  As I see it, GNU
Emacs serves as basis for the distributions and is rarely used by end
users.

> In Aquamacs, my Wanderlust MUA component and w3m are not working---
> so for now I'm
> going to stick with Carbon Emacs where they do.

They should work without problems.  I know that people have installed
w3m successfully; either package would go into /Library/Application
Support/Aquamacs Emacs/... and you would need "require" statements in
your Preferences.el to load them.

If you post a description of the error you're getting, people on this
list might be able to help out.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!