[OS X Emacs] Re: hard line fill problem

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:06:17 EDT 2008

On 22 May 2008, at 05:09, Ivan Werning wrote:

> I have discovered a clue: that when I start a new buffer or open any
> existing buffer my local setting for column-fill is at 50! However,
> the global default is at 70. I don't know why or how the local one
> is always set at 50. It is really annoying. I have changed the local
> value by doing C-u 70 C-c f (to set it to 70) or by just turning off
> the hard fill and then turning it back on. After doing that I get
> the expected behavior with a column of 70.

Thanks for complaining.  This is / was a real bug and I've checked in
a change just now.  If you download the nightly build this evening
(Intel) or tomorrow (PPC), you should find that the problem is gone.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!