[OS X Emacs] installing bbdb on aquamacs

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 12:03:56 EST 2008

>>>>> "sergio" == sergio  <sergio at village-buzz.com> writes:

sergio> On Nov 18, 2008, at 5:12 AM, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

>> I've been using the following value for the --with-emacs option
>>
>> "/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs"

sergio> when i try this, i get..

sergio> sergiobook:bbdb-2.35 sergioruiz$ ./configure
sergio> --with-emacs="/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs"

sergio> sergiobook:bbdb-2.35 sergioruiz$ make
sergio> cd lisp; make bbdb
sergio> Makefile:156: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

Hmm... it could be that it's complaining about the spaces in the
pathname.  I guess you could try escaping them, which is what I had in
mind with the "".  I have vague memories of an email discussion with
Robert Widhopf-Fenk, who maintains BBDB and VM now, about this, but I
forgot the conclusion and I can't find the emails.  Sorry.

Cheers, José

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Room JCMB 6321
Maxwell Institute and           | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066