[OS X Emacs] column editing

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:42:49 EST 2008

On 19 Nov 2008, at 19:27, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> Hmm.  Then these instructions about cursor color in Preferences.el
> don't seem to have the correct effect.  The cursor is still red in a
> read-only buffer.  Tom

Have you considered that these instructions could be faulty or out-of-
date?
Does the file you're looking at carry a date?

I found some rather old (Emacs 20!) cua.el files out there just now.

C-h v over the variable in question doesn't give anything, i.e. it's
not a known variable... that is usually a good indicator that the
names have changed.

If you have C-h v cua- TAB, you get a bunch of variable names that
have to do with cua.  One of them is `cua-overwrite-cursor-
color' (note the capitalization), which I think is what you're
interested in.