[OS X Emacs] Re: Visit a file within the current window?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:13:33 EST 2008

On 24 Nov 2008, at 13:06, Ian Eure wrote:

>> Looking a bit more if you right click on the Aquamacs icon in the
>> dock you
>> get a list of Windows
>>
> This is a confusion of terminology. A window in modern GUIs is an
> Emacs frame. An Emacs window is what you get when you split a frame
> (`C-x 2' or `C-x 3') to display multiple buffers.

The menu is named "Window" not just because all applications have a
"Window" menu, but also because there are items relating to the
selected Emacs window found - 'Select next tab" for instance, or
"Split Window".

I agree that it's less than ideal, given that there is also a list of
buffers (which are shown in a window when selected), and there is a
submenu with all frames.

Changing terminology completely in Aquamacs (frame->window, window-
 >pane, buffer->document, key binding -> shortcut) is not a feasible
option.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!