[OS X Emacs] Re: Aquamacs can't find LaTeX

Dave Burnham david.j.burnham at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 18:48:34 EST 2008

Daniel Rubenson <rubenson <at> politics.ryerson.ca> writes:

> There seems to now be a problem with Aquamacs. When I try to
> compile a .tex file on the new computer, I get the error:
> LaTeX: problem after [0] pages

If you hit C-c C-l you can view the log, which probably has a
line like

/bin/sh: latex: command not found

I had to modify my PATH by adding the following to my .emacs:

(setenv "PATH" (concat "/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin:" (getenv "PATH")))

My TeX distribution lives at /usr/texbin and I also have stuff at
/usr/local/bin. You'll need to figure out what paths you need to
add, but it will probably be something similar. This problem has
been discussed previously on this list, if you want to find out
more or check out different solutions.

Dave