[OS X Emacs] dialog box issues - known problems?

Michael Gilbert mcg at gilbert.org
Tue Aug 11 13:16:57 EDT 2009

Hi --

Running Aquamacs Preview 2, but this has been going on a long time.

(1) Command-. doesn't work to cancel dialog boxes. At least it doesn't
work with the save dialog. Sometimes I accidently try to save a buffer
and want to keep my hands on the keyboard to cancel out of it. But no
go. It requires me to click.

(2) Unsaved changes dialog is tricksy. When I am quitting a bunch of
applications, including Aquamacs, sometimes it doesn't quit. The
reason is unsaved changes. But the dialog box doesn't seem to reliably
appear on top of the application. Sometimes i have to switch to
another app and then back. Sometimes, I don't know.... it shows up
eventually. Also, there don't appear to be keyboard interfaces (such
as defaults) to that either.

Am I configuring something wrong? Is this a known issue with a
tracking number?

-- Michael

Michael C. Gilbert -- mcg at gilbert.org

    The Gilbert Center -- http://gilbert.org
    Nonprofit Online News -- http://nonprofitnews.org

        "There can be no joy of life without joy of work." -- Aquinas