[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs+Skim inverse search

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sun Aug 30 19:43:26 EDT 2009

On Aug 30, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Christopher Menzel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying out preview 2 of Aquamacs 2.0 under Snow Leopard; all
> seems well for the most part but there are a couple of small
> difference in functionality I've noticed compared to Aquamacs 1.8
> with regard to inverse search.  To get inverse search to work in
> Skim under Aquamacs. 2.0 I have used a Custom preset that points to
> the copy of emacsclient that lives in the Aquamacs 2.0 hierarchy.
> (I've renamed the app to Aquamacs-2.0p2 so I can keep using 1.8.)
> This appears to work.

I did this too. Skim now has a setting for Aquamacs (no longer
"Aquamacs Emacs") but it doesn't work.

>  However, if I have a split window in Aquamacs and do an inverse
> search (i.e., Cmd-Shift-<click>) in my Skim preview window, it sends
> the cursor in *both* panes of the split Aquamacs window to the
> corresponding point in my source.

I saw this too. Kind of entertaining... I figured they probably have
enough bugs to keep them busy.

> Under 1.8, doing so only sends the cursor in the pane that was most
> recently active to the corresponding point.  Second, doing an
> inverse search under the 2.0 preview no longer makes Aquamacs the
> foreground application.  One has to click or use Cmd-<Tab> to make
> it so.  Both of these, IMO, are inferior to the way inverse search
> functions under 1.8 and I hope the 1.8 functionality can be restored.

Have you filed a bug report? I figured I would just "look" until there
is some kind of official release. I'm sure they are up to their ears
right now and they don't need to hear from me until they have their
1000 line long check list shortened.
Joe

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater