[OS X Emacs] embedded calc and M-#

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 22:10:25 EST 2009

Greetings!

I love Emacs and would like to use Emacs Calc more extensively.   I am
using Aquamacs Emacs 1.6 preview 4. I have been reading the GNU Emacs
Calc 2.02 manual and have encountered the following 2 problems:

1. M-# should start/stop calc and be the basis of all other calc
commands.  However, when I enter it I get "M-# is undefined".

2. I am trying to use embedded calc and place ln(ln(x)) as per example
in section 2.5.6.  However, I am not able to get it to evaluate.  M-#
does not work and the M-x calc-embedded commands that I have tried do
nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University
Email: hindiogine at gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
Saint-Exupéry