[OS X Emacs] How to Use Aquamacs Emacs as the editor in Mutt

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:23:11 EST 2009

On 12 Jan 2009, at 14:49, John Velman wrote:

> mail in mutt?  I'm still using Macvim to write this, and if I'm
> going to
> actually learn to use emacs I need to start using it!
>
> I tried '/Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs\Contents\MacOS\Aquamacs\ Emacs'
>
> and got a failure message from mutt.

Without knowing the failure message, try adding the ".app" and using
forward slashes in the right places so that it's actually a valid path:

/Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs\ Emacs

Alternatively, you could use "emacsclient"

/Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient

This requires Aquamacs to run and (server-start) in your
Preferences.el (or a manual M-x server-start).

The third possibility lies in the "aquamacs" command line tool that
Aquamacs 1.6 can install (Tools menu).  Using this may give you the
best results, or it may not work at all!

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!