[OS X Emacs] How to Use Aquamacs Emacs as the editor in Mutt

John Velman velman at cox.net
Mon Jan 12 16:56:33 EST 2009

David,

Thank you for the quick response.  I need to appologize -- I sent my message too hastily, and I was shocked when I saw what I wrote!  I actually had typed the command with the correct /'s and the .app into a bash shell terminal, seent that it worked, then copy-pasted into the .muttrc.

I found where to look for the mutt error messages (which I hadn't known before -- within mutt, it just flashes a brief 'didn't work' type message in thes status bar, too fast to copy.

I found that a single \ doesn't escape the blank in mutrc -- hence it was trying to find a something called /ApplicationsAquamacs.  By escaping the \ with another \, it now works.

Thanks again.  I probably have somemore questions about this usage, but I'll see if I can figure out the answers first.

Best,

John Velman