[OS X Emacs] aquamacs 1.6: latex preview not working

David Strozzi david.strozzi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 00:50:21 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a powerpc running 10.5.6.  I did some dumb things, but here's
where they stand:

I installed aquamacs 1.5.  Tex files could be edited, preview worked
(meaning the inline images for equations, not apple's pdf viewer).

I then installed aquamacs 1.6.  I renamed the 1.5 app to aquamacs 1.5
first, and after installing 1.6 renamed it to aquamacs 1.6.  Previes
never even appears in the 1.6 menu.

I deleted 1.5, renamed 1.6 back to Aquamacs Emacs, un-installed and
re-installed from scratch, tried deleting assorting config dirs (like
/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs*) - still no luck.

How can I return to normalcy?  Is there a way to get aquamacs to
factory defaults, including default config files?

I apologize if there's already a place w/ instructions on this.

Thanks,
Dave