[OS X Emacs] SyncTex

Arthur Ogus ogus at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jan 30 11:32:59 EST 2009

I'm having trouble with this too.

My Tex Distribution control panel only shows TeXlive 2008,

But my path shows:
echo $PATH
.:/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/
powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/libexec:/Developer/
Tools:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/
usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin
Onyx:bin arthur$

and which latex shows:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/latex

I'm not sure how to fix this.  My bash profile says:

PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin

Where else should I look to fix what is going  on?

I have the impression that now aquamacs emacs uses synctex
automatically, with no fiddling.  Is that correct?

thanks.