[OS X Emacs] Re: Aquamacs+Skim inverse search

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Sep 3 10:12:25 EDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:

> <skip at pobox.com> writes:
>
>> Perhaps dumb question, but:
>>
>>    * what is "inverse search"?
>
> I guess what they wanted is that when you click on a pdf (created with
> TeX/LaTeX) within Skim (see below), Emacs automatically brings you to
> the corresponding point in the .tex file.

Right. This happens, but it happens in all frames the have the
document in them, not just the active one. When working across
sections in a document (trying to refer to one while modifying
another), separate frames are helpful.

>>    * what is "Skim"?
>
> It is a very capable (and opensource) pdf-reader for Mac Os X.

If you don't use LaTeX, it may still be useful, but it's invaluable to
those who use latex editors lacking a built in pdf previewer.
Joe