[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs] - update packages?

David Rogoff cs80 at therogoffs.com
Tue Feb 9 12:57:47 EST 2010

Question:  I've just started using Aquamacs.  I'm getting into org-mode and see that the version that came with it isn't the latest.   I see that Aquamacs has the elc and el.gz files in /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/list/org.  When I downloaded the latest version of org-mode, it has a lisp directory with all the .el files and a doc directory with pdf and tex files.

Can I just replace all the el files and byte-compile the directory?  Where do the doc files go?  I looked around the Aquamacs site and wiki, but didn't find anything about updating pacakges and I'm not sure if it works like a "normal" emacs.

Thanks,

 David