[OS X Emacs] Applescript hooks

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:15:44 EST 2010

Brad,

On Feb 9, 2010, at 2:53 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:

> Where would one change Aquamacs around to successfully interact with Applescript requests? I’m trying:

Good question.  You would have to implement the appropriate (delegate) methods as, presumably, discussed in the Cocoa documentation.  The appropriate source files are nsterm.m, nsfns.m and, possibly, nsterm.h.  I'm not familiar with the AppleScript API, but I suspect you'll have to define a dictionary, ideally dynamically (at runtime).

The best implementation would make all Lisp variables and perhaps commands or all functions available through AppleScript.  A simple way to do that would be to define some "eval" command, taking a string that is executed as Elisp code.    (Obviously, there's little general value in duplicating a small part of what Elisp can do using the AppleScript syntax.)

Let me know if you need further info regarding how things are done in nsterm.m and friends.  (You may want to subscribe to the aquamacs-devel mailing list.)

- David