[OS X Emacs] Re: buffer has a running process - popup msg

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:17:36 EST 2010

On Feb 9, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
>> OK, and I'll check the code that displays the question.  It's possible that we're doing something that is not in line with what Emacs does, i.e. ask questions in situations when buffers are killed by a Lisp program rather than directly (interactively) by the user.
>
> If this is Emacs 23: see also bug 5515.
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/55/5515.html

I rewrote most of the dialog display code for Aquamacs, so it would be interesting to know if this bug occurs with Aquamacs, too.
It's clear to me that bug 5515 (unrelated to the OP's bug) has to do with the dialog display code; possibly it is due to a non-local exit / an application event loop restart by the system / some concurrency that wasn't blocked.   So if this happens in Aquamacs too (please report if so), I'd look into it to figure out what's wrong.