[OS X Emacs] Re: ? How to install Aquamacs-Emacs-1.9.dmg ?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:55:30 EST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Joachim Osnabryg wrote:

> The more (though knowing that this would not go) I did let me "show content" and in the folder
> /Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/
> doubleclicked on the "Aquamacs Emacs" exec with the terminal answer:
> localhost:/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS joachim$ /Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs\ Emacs; exit
> No fonts match `-*-monaco-*-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-mac-roman'

Alright, that explains it.
Your system is missing the Monaco font, or Monaco is disabled or corrupted.  Monaco is a standard font installed with the operating system and is needed by the application.

(I agree Aquamacs should, in future versions, fall back to another font or give a better error message.)

To fix this problem, start the "Font Book" application and make sure Monaco is there and enabled.
If it isn't available at all, you can probably retrieve it from another machine or possibly the OS X install disc.

Let me know if that helped.