[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs windows to mac encoding

David Romano romanod at math.grinnell.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:21:55 EST 2010

Thank you, Thomas and Peter.  When I click in the lower left corner,
I get another window in Aquamacs, which says:

%% begin output %%
- -- undecided-unix

No conversion on encoding, automatic conversion on decoding

Type: t (do automatic conversion)
EOL type: LF
This coding system encodes the following charsets:
   ascii
%% end output %%

but I'm not sure what to do to make the CRLF invisible -- as I said,
executing C-RET-f doesn't alter what I see no matter what coding select.

And for some reason, when I use query-replace or query-regexp-replace, I'm
told there 0 occurrences of ^M or ^Q^M (using query-replace), and \^M or
\^Q\^M (using query-regexp-replace).  When I delete the ^M manually, it's
clear that ^M is treated as one character, but I can't figure out how tell
the query-replace function which character that is.

David