[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs windows to mac encoding

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 16 04:34:14 EST 2010

Am 16.02.2010 um 04:48 schrieb David Romano:

> I get the same effect by using C-x RET r with "mac" or "big5-mac" as
> input in emacs in Terminal.  If I use "mac-roman-mac" the file
> doesn't change in appearance -- the ^M^Ms stay and no blank lines
> are introduced.  Maybe the init file solution is the only one?

Big5 is a Chinese encoding...  Why do you want to open a (lose)DOS
file with a Mac encoding? Didn't I write:

> When you're using the -mac variant on this file, then CR will be
> invisible. And LF too, but it will insert empty lines between those
> with text.

What is your problem? Reading? Understanding? Mac OS X? GNU or
Aquamacs Emacs? The whole for humans much too complicated world?

So, as a friendly and helpful member of this list: get the completely
unchanged and original version of your file and (re-)open it in some -
dos encoding! I already mentioned three possible Code Pages and I am
recommending now and explicitly to start with cp1252-dos and possibly
retry with cp1250-dos encodings. (I am not a Losedos user, so I am
missing some details and am trying to use what is left as my so-called
brain.)

--
Greetings

   Pete