[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching to Aquamacs: Some Odd Issues with Faces

Kao Felix kcfelix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 17:56:57 EDT 2010

On 08/06/2010, at 17:38, Jack Repenning wrote:

> Hmmm ... not happening now that I try to make it happen. Maybe it went *away* with v2.0?
>
> Here's what I was seeing, FWIW:
>
> Context: I *do* use transient-mark-mode (t-m-m is t)
>
> In a buffer with many lines,
>
> 1. set-mark (ctrl-space)
> 2. move down a few lines (ctrl-n a few times)
>   note that the highlight grows, marking the stretch between where you set-mark in 1 and where (point) is now
> 3. unset-mark (ctrl-space again)
>   note that the highlight disappears
>
> (up to here, everything is as expected)
>
> 4. move down a line (ctrl-n)
>
> Expected: no highlight
> Actual: I've had the experience of highlight, denoting an active region, as was seen in #2

I've seen this kind of behavior also, but it appeared intermittently during my aquamacs use. I was using the nightly builds of the 2.0 series before 2.0 was officially released. I've looked for some config or mode that would activate such a thing but couldn't find it. In the end I've never been able to know if it was a bug or some keystroke activated that accidentally. Now it's been a while since it last happened.

--
Kao Félix