[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching to Aquamacs: Some Odd Issues with Faces

Craig Finseth fin at helium.iphouse.net
Sun Jun 13 15:51:29 EDT 2010

   David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> writes:
   > On Jun 8, 2010, at 3:40 PM, Craig Finseth wrote:
   >> I don't see it as a problem after a cut, but after a paste.
   >>
   >> C-space
   >> <move>
   >> C-W
   >> <move to new space>
   >> C-Y
   >> 	you have text, but the mark is active, so if you do...
   >> C-Y
   >> 	again, you don't get the second copy that you were after
   >
   > I don't reproduce.  Could you please give us a list of step-by-step instructions, starting with "Start Aquamacs without customizations" from the "Help/Diagnose and Report Bug" menu.

   I just started up a vanilla Aquamacs and was unable to reproduce the
   problem, so it must be something else in my configuration that's doing
   it.  How about you, Craig?

Sorry, I wrote it wrong.

C-space
<move>
C-W
<move to new space>
C-Y
	the mark is at the start, you are at the end
C-X C-X	(my-exchange)
	you are at the start, the mark is at the end

Now, type something: what you just yanked is deleted.

You have to do something like C-F C-B to clear the highliting before
you can add text.

Craig