[OS X Emacs] getting skim to work as default viewer

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jun 28 16:15:05 EDT 2010

Am 28.06.2010 um 16:56 schrieb Art Werschulz:

> I don't understand the answer.  I'm not trying to configure texdoc.
> I'm trying to configure the viewer that Aquamcs uses for previewing.

Why? Isn't it much better to configure the utility which comes with
TeX Live and then utilise that one from within Emacs instead of
configuring Emacs or TeXShop or TextWrangler or vim or ........?

> Looking through the texdoc manual (texdoc texdoc), I decided to try
> agw at home:fred2$ texdoc --just-view
> texdoc error: unknown option: --just-view
>
> What am I missing here?

Possibly an update. There was a time period when texdoc could search
the current working directory and then the TeX distribution for the
given file. The first part was cancelled in an update. This updated
texdoc then understood the --just-view option. It had to. So try it
without! (As long as you do not update.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
				– George W. Bush