[OS X Emacs] Environment variables and Aquamacs 2.0

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:57:56 EDT 2010

George,
thanks for your kind words.

I'm interesting in fixing the problem in Aquamacs if there is any.

What is the value of `shell-file-name' in your Aquamacs?
Also, please have a look at your *Messages* buffer.  For me, near the top, it says something like this:

"46 environment variables imported from login shell (/bin/bash)."

This should give you an indication of whether the import is working.

There is no need to use Environment.plist, especially not in 10.6 (this mechanism is obsolete).

Best
- David