[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs as imap mail client

Dr. Johannes Brauer brauer at nordakademie.de
Thu May 27 16:41:57 EDT 2010

Now I've installed and configured VM.

But after having input my password I get the error message

IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

and the trace of imap ... buffer shows:

starting IMAP over SSL session Thu May 27 22:38:07 2010
connecting to owa.nordakademie.de:993
connected
Reading configuration from file /var/folders/5k/5kZ+0W8e2RW02U+8ZLc83++
++TI/-Tmp-/vm166964547
Snagged 64 random bytes from /var/folders/5k/5kZ+0W8e2RW02U+8ZLc83+++
+TI/-Tmp-/vm032587554
RAND_status claims sufficient entropy for the PRNG
PRNG seeded successfully
SSL context initialized for service stunnel
line 4: Each service section must define two endpoints

Process IMAP over SSL exited abnormally with code 1

I cannot figure out, what the problem is.

Any ideas?

Johannes

Am 26.05.2010 um 07:58 schrieb Dr. Johannes Brauer:

> thanks, Jose, I never heard of VM. I'll give it a try
>
> Johannes
> Am 25.05.2010 um 23:23 schrieb Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill:
>

>> I suppose it depends on which mail client you use.  I use VM and just
>> set the variable vm-spool-files with the right information.  (The
>> documentation of that variable shows you how to use it.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>      José
>>

>> A las 23:10:51 del 25/5/2010, Dr. Johannes Brauer escribió :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to do all my mailing using Aquamacs. But I have to
>>> fetch
>>> my mails from an imap server. But I cannot figure out, how to
>>> configure Rmail to connect to an imap server.
>>>
>>> Can anybody give me some hints?
>>>
>>> Johannes
>>>

>>> Staatlich anerkannte private Fachhochschule
>>> NORDAKADEMIE
>>> Gemeinnützige Aktiengesellschaft
>>> Köllner Chaussee 11
>>> 25337 Elmshorn
>>>
>>> Vorstand:
>>> Prof. Dr. Georg Plate (Vorsitzender), Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Meier