[OS X Emacs] code highlighting not working in new windows

Nick Reich nick.reich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:49:42 EDT 2010

Hi.

I use Aquamacs for coding in R using ESS.  A few months ago I
customized the code highlighting rules (although I don't remember
exactly how I did it), and since then the first window that I open
uses the colors that I set.  If I open a new tab in this window and
then open a new file within that window, the colors are still there.
However, if I double-click a file in the Finder it will open in a new
window and anything in a new window uses another (default?) color
scheme which isn't as good.  Is there a way to make my changes global,
so that every new window will open with these color highlighting
rules?

Thanks,
Nick