[OS X Emacs] turning off frame-positions.el

Tom Van Vleck thvv at multicians.org
Sat Sep 18 10:48:54 EDT 2010

On Sep 18, 2010, at 9:04 AM, James Harkins wrote:

> I tried to customize-apropos, but couldn't find the option to disable jumping to the last position in the file when visiting it.

For me, selecting Options -> Customize Aquamacs -> Aquamacs-specific options -> Save Place and turn OFF and then saving for future sessions worked.
I found this behavior unhelpful, and often it went to the wrong place anyway.

My personal Aquamacs customizations are described in
  http://formyfriendswithmacs.com/aquamacs.html
if this helps anybody.