[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs / aquamacs cmd line / emacsclient

Peter Portante peter.a.portante at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:23:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to be able to use the emacsclient with aquamacs. I know about
the aquamacs command line perl script which invokes the ³open² command, but
that does not work with the command line subversion client:

> bash-3.2$ export EDITOR=aquamacs
> bash-3.2$ svn ci sips/pms/views.py
>
> Log message unchanged or not specified
> (a)bort, (c)ontinue, (e)dit:
>
> Log message unchanged or not specified
> (a)bort, (c)ontinue, (e)dit:
> bash-3.2$

Because open exits almost immediately, subversion does not think the file
has been changed. If I use the ³-W² option for aquamacs (really open), then
it waits until I have closed my existing editing instance, which is not
ideal. If I use the ³-n² option, then it creates a new instance, which
works, but is not ideal.

I would rather have the functionality I used to have with emacs where the
emacsclient would wait until I wrote the buffer out before exiting.

Any solutions out there?

Thanks,

-peter