[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs / aquamacs cmd line / emacsclient

Peter Portante peter.a.portante at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 08:18:18 EDT 2010

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, that is a solution, but not ideal, as it creates a new instance, which
can be confusing since there is no indication which window is for the
subsequent aquamacs commands.

Others have since replied that the emacsclient does work, and have now
demonstrated that it does for me too. I had to install the command line
tools from the Tools menu in Aquamacs to make it work.

Thanks everyone.

-peter

On 9/18/10 5:29 PM, "Arnaud Sevin" <Arnaud.Sevin at obspm.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can you try : export EDITOR="aquamacs -nw" ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Arnaud
>
> On 18 sept. 2010, at 22:23, Peter Portante wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to be able to use the emacsclient with aquamacs. I know about
>> the aquamacs command line perl script which invokes the ³open² command, but
>> that does not work with the command line subversion client:
>>>
>>> bash-3.2$ export EDITOR=aquamacs
>>> bash-3.2$ svn ci sips/pms/views.py
>>>
>>> Log message unchanged or not specified
>>> (a)bort, (c)ontinue, (e)dit: