[OS X Emacs] Stopping automatic switch of frames.

Chris Johns chris at contemporary.net.au
Thu Sep 30 19:18:49 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have just started using Aquaemacs and I have noticed a behaviour I
have not experienced before on other Emacs platforms.

If I am using gdb and I issue a step or next command at the gdb prompt
and the source code is in another frame the line is displayed and cursor
placed on that line how-ever the focus is now in the source window and
not the window with the gdb prompt where I had it. I need to click on
the gdb window again to issue another step command (or just enter).

It also happens when looking at compile errors. With next-error I have
notice the compilation window ends up with the focus which I have as a
single buffer in a frame. Another next-error splits that frame. I would
like the window I have focus to show the source with the error, which
happens, and the focus to stay there.

Is there are way to stop the focus shifting off the selected window
(frame) in these cases ?

Thanks
Chris