[OS X Emacs] Re: Can't open frame w/o toggling Full Screen Editing in OSX Lion

Gary K Olson garykolson at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 19:42:34 EDT 2011

I installed OSX Lion, and then installed aquamacs 2.3a.  I believe I was using v.2.1 before the change.  When I open aquamacs, a frame comes up with a title bar with either the name of the file I opened with aquamacs or the default scratch file.  However, nothing shows up in the frame, and you cannot see any typing you enter in a text file or the scratch file.  I discovered if I toggle "Full Screen Editing" in the Windows list in the menu bar, then the text in the file can be seen, and one has access to the file.  You can then toggle back to the default frame size, and that file and any other tabbed files in that frame will work as normal.  Any new frame that you bring up is still locked with a blank frame.  I haven't experienced any other  problems yet with 2.3a, other than this very annoying initial frame issue.  I wonder if this has something to do with a setting of my aquamacs installation rather than a bug, but I have not been able to find a setting that affects this blank frame issue.  Many of my settings are standard.  Does anyone have an idea why this is happening, and what I might do to fix this issue?  Thank you for any help.

Gary K Olson