[OS X Emacs] help with fonts!

William R. Greene wrg at acm.org
Sat Aug 20 13:15:49 EDT 2011

On 2011-08-20 , at 04:42:24, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Logging out, logging in, checking for font duplicates again (plus resolving them) – does this improve the situation?

No, but I found out the proximate cause of the problem: I had selected Options => Appearance => Font and then Courier New Regular 12.  For some reason, choosing that font (which I prefer for monospaced type) caused the gobbledygook that I saw.

So for now, I'm using Menlo Regular 12, since it at least is possible to function with that font.

   -- Bill