[OS X Emacs] mode line and minibuffer weirdness

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 13:43:01 EDT 2011

Hi.

The following is happening episodically, i.e., sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, and I haven't isolated the cause. :-(
(1) The buffer name is not present in the mode line.
(2) The minibuffer is in what appears to be Times-Roman font.
I can fix things by restarting aquamacs.  It's not an elegant solution, but it sorta works.

But seriously, before I start binary-searching my customizing elisp files for the likely culprit, if anybody has an idea what might cause this to happen, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  (I've been using emacs for around 30 years, with the customization bloat that you'd expect after this much usage.  So hunting this puppy down without any additional info wouldn't exactly be something I'd put into my bucket list.)

Thanks.

Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net