[OS X Emacs] Load Themes before the GUI windows appear

Di Xiao dixiao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:48:33 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I have a question regarding loading color themes in Emacs.  If I load
a color theme in .emacs, after launching Emacs, the default window
will appear first, then the new color theme is loaded and the window
color changes to it.  Similar things happen to toolbar. i.e., if I set
toolbar-mode to nil, then what happens is that the Emacs window will
appear with a toolbar first, then the toolbar will disappear.
However, it seems Aquamacs is able to hold the drawing of the GUI
window until everything is loaded.  I'm wondering if this behavior is
specific to Aquamacs, or can be configured in general.

Thanks,

Di