[OS X Emacs] A thicker cursor pointer in Aquamacs

siemsen at ucar.edu siemsen at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 31 18:07:45 EDT 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:58:22AM -0600, siemsen at ucar.edu wrote:
>>
>> Now if only there were a way to change the color of the sprite, so that it can be easily seen when the Aquamacs buffer has light text on a dark background.
>>

> control-option-command-8?  It sounds like you're trying to do in Aquamacs what the Mac wants to do system-wide.  This sort of application-by-application control is entirely possible in X11 (indeed, that it's practically mandatory is one of the very things some people hate about X11), but it's not a very Mac-ish way to do things.

Ok.  Is there a Mac-ish way to solve my problem?

At first I thought the suggestion to use control-option-command-8 was a joke, but it actually makes a kind of sense.  I could reset Aquamacs colors to dark-text-on-a-light-background, then hit control-option-command-8 every time I enter or leave Aquamacs.  It would achieve the goal - the sprite would change from dark grey to light grey.  But it would be disconcerting, to say the least, to switch to and from reverse video all the time.

It seems that the Mac OS X could allow me to customize the sprite color.  It just doesn't.

-- Pete