[OS X Emacs] Re: Any Word On Emacs 24?

Adolfo Benedetti adolfo.benedetti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:49:55 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Emacs 24 works fine on osx, I've tested it in Snow Leopard and Lion,
You can get it via nightly builds from;
http://bandwidth.porkrind.org/emacs-builds/?C=M;O=D
Or build it from sources(with the patch for lion's fullscreen mode)
using this script;
https://gist.github.com/1115101
Notice that color-theme was implemented in emacs24, so, if you have
color customizations is probable that you will need to port those
configs to your emacs24(for instance using the "GNU Emacs Theme
Generator" http://elpa.gnu.org/themes/). And make use of the "M-x
customize-themes" functionality.
Or you can use an theme emacs24-ready, like zenburn;
http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2011/05/porting-zenburn-theme-to-emacs-24.html

Cheers,

Adolfo

--