[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: Many commands without shortcuts

José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 16:47:05 EDT 2011

> I recently started using aquamacs and it's great.  For many of the commands, keystrokes are provided in the menus which makes it nice to learn emacs. However, I find some interesting commands in the menus that do not have a keyboard shortcut displayed (or defined?). Is it "standard procedure" to define a shortcut oneself?
> For example, I like Window -> Move Tab to New Frame, but it has no shortcut assigned. Is there already one? How can I figure this out?

You can define keyboard shortcuts using the Keyboard preference pane in System Preferences.  This is the Mac-way, not perhaps the Emacs-way, but it works.  In the Keyboard preference pane there is a tab called "Keyboard shortcuts" and you can click on the "+" to add a shortcut to any given menu in any application.

Cheers,
	José

Prof José Figueroa-O'Farrill
School of Mathematics
University of Edinburgh
PGP Key: 0x6A6BD529 (MIT PGP Key Server)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.