[OS X Emacs] Re: Any Word On Emacs 24?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:47:04 EDT 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:38 PM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> Actually that was the version I checked and reported. I had reported
> Aquamacs before.

I have filed a bug report (bug#9515, GNU Emacs) in the appropriate place.

> I installed FreeMono, and changed to it (Using Aquamacs 2.3a – I had
> other reasons to go back to it), but surprisingly when I check
> the font of normal letters then it appears to be Times Roman, whereas
> the quotes are still Symbol. So FreeMono doesn't seem to be accepted by
> my Aquamacs, although. So the problem remains.

That is a separate bug, but it may have to do with the way Emacs selects the actual font to use for display depending on the scripts it implements (so that it doesn't display a chunk of text using different fonts).  I recall a similar complaint about some other font, that is displayed as Times.  These things are reproducible and I would encourage you to write up a bug report.