[OS X Emacs] Select all: how to *not* jump to the beginning of the file + how to not change the selection?

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Fri Sep 23 00:27:17 EDT 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 7:10 PM, Iliya Lefterov wrote:

> one great thing about Emacs (and it is my opinion, other people may disagree...) is the possibility to make it working in a way the user likes it. is it easy to get there...?

In this particular case (selection is point-to-mark), some users really like the current behavior, and some don't. Over there years, there have been a lot of tweaks added, to try to accommodate the "modern apps" style, but the behaviors we've been discussing are pretty much the best yet achieved.

-==-
Jack Repenning
Technologist
CollabNet Cloud Services