[OS X Emacs] Can one navigate tabs by the displayed numbers?

Hofert Jan Marius marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 28 13:29:15 EDT 2011

On 2011-09-28, at 19:12 , Nathaniel Cunningham wrote:

> Marius,
> The navigation you're after is achieved with A-1 through A-0 (normally Cmd-1, Cmd-2, etc).

Dear Nathaniel,

thanks very much. I tried Cmd-n and it worked but:
1) Cmd 3 + 4 do not switch/alter/change anything. I wonder why. I know that Cmd + shift + 3/4 is typically for screenshots, but I don't know any other meaning for Cmd 3 + 4.
2) I realized that there are only numbers 0-9, which means maximally 10 tabs. Is there a solution to jump to tab "15" [they are not numbered after 9, though]?

An idea would be to introduce a key such that all visible tabs are shifted/jumped over. This way one could jump in steps of (say) 5 tabs and then use cmd + shift + [ or ] to selected the tab one is interested in.

Cheers,

Marius