[OS X Emacs] ECB context menu in Aquamacs

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Sep 30 15:42:51 EDT 2011

> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:30:26 -0500
> From: Nathaniel Cunningham <nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [OS X Emacs] ECB context menu in Aquamacs
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> > Looking up the documentation for this customization variable doesn't bring
>> > up anything useful, but we can undo the key binding (see Aquamacs FAQ,
>> > probably) using define-key:
>> >
>> > (define-key osx-key-mode-map [down-mouse-3] nil)
>> >

> There is a second approach in place to return mouse-3 to its vanilla Emacs
> behavior:
> In the Aquamacs help/manual, section 4.3 "Customizing Aquamacs behavior",
> under "Want some GNU Emacs 23 behavior back?" there is a list of
> Aquamacs-specific settings that can be customized, including "OS X Key Mode
> Mouse-3 Behavior".  Try customizing that setting as described in the help --
> that may allow ECB to behave as in vanilla Emacs.

I'm interested in this same Mouse-3 question, only in my case not for
ECB, but for SLIME, which also has a very useful context menu I can't
get to.

I tried to follow your reference above, but it doesn't work for me.  I
have Aquamacs 2.3a, and when I go to "Bringing some Emacs 23 behavior
back" the whole of the text at that node is:

"Export [sic] users who find themselves confused by some changes to the
Emacs behavior that they are used to, either due to the upgrade to Emacs
23, or to Aquamacs, may undo configuration changes quickly by using the
Emacs Lisp code shown at
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacsCompatibilitySettings in
their Preferences.el file."

Following the link to the emacs wiki, I search for "mouse" and find nothing.

can you amplify?  What version of the manual are you looking at?

thanks,