[OS X Emacs] shift-select support AND org-mode features?

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:55:37 EST 2012

I need shift-select to be able to select text, since that's crucial to my
editing workflow. But I'd also like to be able to use org-mode's
shift-arrowkeys functions, the way you can use shift-rightarrow to change
timestamps or to cycle between TODO states.

Is there a way to map these functions onto the CONTROL key, or better yet,
the FN key? So that CONTROL-rightarrow or FN-rightarrow would change the
timestamp and cycle TODO states?

Thanks for any help! (I'm using Aquamacs 2.4.)

Peter