[OS X TeX] More pronounced margin kerning in TL 2004?

Gary L.Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Nov 9 11:40:12 EST 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 9:01 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:

> I'm happy with the results of font expansion using the microtype
> package
> with Lucida Bright so far, but the expansion doesn't seem to work well
> with
> the scaled Helvetica (helvet package) I use for the Sans Serif Font in
> combination with other fonts. Don't know why, but I get garbage for
> glyphs
> in the output.

Herb,

What do I need to do to get microtype to work with Lucida? When I try
and use:

\usepackage[expert,altbullet,lucidasmallscale]{lucidabr}

with:

\usepackage[protrusion=true,expansion=true]{microtype}

I get the error:

! Missing font identifier.
<to be read again>
                    LY1/ptm/m/n/12
l.67 \begin{document}

Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>