[OS X TeX] Warning - Find broken in TexShop 1.35b, no undo

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 2 16:48:10 EDT 2004

On 9/2/04 3:06 PM, "Bob Kerstetter" <bkerstetter at mac.com> wrote:

> I think you found a bug. Same results here.
>
> Also,
>
> If you try to change:
>
> #INS# to |INS|
>
> in this string
>
> #RET##INS##RET#
>
> the search does not find #INS#
>
> but put spaces between the #'s
>
> #RET# #INS# #RET#
>
> and search finds the #INS#
>
> Maybe something to do with the two #s -- ##
>
> Switching to the Apple Find panel, there is not similar problem.

Howdy,

I guess I'm not alone then! I got around it by doing a replace of #RET# by
|RET|, then #INS# to |INS| (which also needed to get done anyway) and the
#RET# to |RET| again. I should have just gone back to the original Find
panel for this. I'd love to have regex Find and Replace so I'd prefer
staying with the new panel.

I went to the web site too. I wish I could read/understand Japanese but that
isn't an option right now.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>