[OS X TeX] Cite Bibliography script

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Sep 18 08:24:26 EDT 2004

Let me make a few comments.

First, if BibDesk is installed, then its "Service" offers already this
functionality instantaneously (!). There are may other reasons why one
should use BibDesk.

Secondly, if, for whatever reason, one would like to run the
Applescript, then the following points should be observed:

1. Each file that uses bibtex contains a command like
\bibliography{mrabbrev,publications}, where the last name is the name
of the relevant .bib file. The best place to store the .bib file is
~/texmf/bibtex and the script could be directed to this directory.

2. The script contains a lot of subroutines which should be saved in a
compiled form and called upon if necessary. There is already a folder
for subroutines ~/Library/TeXShop/Scripts.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>