[OS X TeX] manpath and teTeX's executables

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Sep 23 23:24:37 EDT 2004

On 24 Sep 2004, at 12:39 PM, Arthur Ogawa wrote:

> I wonder what others have experienced in this connection? It seems
> that there might be room for improvement in the installation process,
> both in making the executables available without requiring each user
> of TeX to modify their $PATH and in making the man pages available to
> users. What do you think?

Isn't it an option in i-Installer to do this automatically?
On my system
    > cat /etc/profile
tells me that Gerben modified some stuff to add the tetex bin directory
to my path; furthermore, this should allow manpath to find all the
appropriate man pages automatically.

At least for me everything works correctly; but there's a small chance
I've coerced it into working in the distant past and no longer remember
doing so.

Do you use tcsh or bash? Perhaps there's the difference.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>