[OS X TeX] How do people handle spellchecking of different languages?

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Fri Sep 24 02:54:03 EDT 2004

I frequently have English and French in the same document and miss the
ability to select languages for document parts.

It seems to me that since I specifically use a \setlanguage {} in my
TeX document, a spellchecker should not get lost.

For the moment I use OS X's built-in spellchecker set on
"multilingual". It won't catch all mistakes (a word spelled in English
set in a French sentence is not flagged, etc.) but for me it is better
than creating a new file each time I switch language.

I use it for my mail to and sometimes it shows ;-)

Denis Chabot

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>